What are backlinks?
The link from an external website to your website is called a backlink. Backlinks are truly important for SEO of your website. Backlinks are often called as hyperlinks, inbound links or incoming links. They are created when one website link to other.
With respect to SEO, a backlink is very important part. This important factor determines how well your website page ranks among the impressions. Or we can say that how pages are placed at first place. They help search bots to crawl your site and rank it correctly to its content.
Why are backlinks important for SEO?
Backlinks are important for both search engines and end users. For search engines it help to determine the athority of website and it
may lead to the good content website. Also, backlinks are indicative to the search engines that other linked website in trustworthy and endorsing your content. If many sites link to the same webpage or website, search engines can interpret that content is worth linking to, and therefore also worth ranking higher on search engine results page. It is also indicator of page popularity.
Backlinks are important for end users because backlinks connect searchers with information that is similar to what is being written on other resources. This external link creates a strong experience because it transfers the user directly to other desirable information if needed.
How To Get Backlinks?
Getting backlink to your website is not a easy task.
Here are few important steps to get backlinks:
- Search for the website which has same topic which your website has, then request them to include your website link to their content of topic.
- Find a website or blog looking for guest contributions from other experts. If you can write about the topic in question, send them a invite.
- Pitch to multiple websites owner for making link to your website.
- Make a consesus between you and other website owner to have backlinks of each others content.
- Make your content attractive so that other website would like to link to your website.