Let us understand, What is XML Sitemap in SEO and why it is important. All search engines like google, yahoo, bing etc. support xml sitemap. Using sitemap protocol you can supply search engines with a list of all URLs you would like them to crawl and index.
Adding a URL to a sitemap file does not guarantee that a URL will be crawled or indexed. However, it can result in the search engine discovering and indexing pages .
The benefits of sitemaps are following:
- It gives information to the crawler that when site was last modified and the frequency with which it is changed.
- For the pages they do not know about, they use the additional URLs you supply to increase their crawl coverage.
- Verification of XML sitemaps indicate positive trust to search engines.
- Sitemaps help in ranking better.
- When sitemaps registered with Google Search Console then it can give extra analytical insights into whether your site have indexation, crawling, or duplicate content issue.
How do I generate a XML sitemap in SEO?
Generating a XML sitemap for you website is a simple process, and there are many websites that can help you do so. Google recommends using http://xml-sitemaps.com
Uploading your sitemap file
When your sitemap file is complete, upload it to your website in the highest level directory such as www.yoursite.com/sitemap.xml.
You can include more than one sub-domain in your sitemap provided that you verify the sitemap for each sub-domain in Google Search Console.
If you are using WordPress then Yoast plugin provides sitemap.xml and its automatic update.
Readers, There is no downside of having an XML Sitemap and having one can improve your SEO, so we highly recommend them.
If you like this article, Please subscribe to our blog and do post your suggestion and feedaback in the below comment box.
This is really useful, thanks.
Thanks Annetta. Keep reading our articles and subscribe our blogs
Thanks to the great guide
It works quite well for me
Thank you for the excellent article
This really answered my problem, thank you!